BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone tried this kind on mirrors on a non-black car? http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g10431638

My 325i is aqua-blue so I was wondering how they would look on my car. This store have beeen selling these mirrors on Yahoo Auctions for under 10,000Yen (about US$90). I'm thinking that they would look too-after-market, but who knows, they may look great after all :cry FYI, I'm thinking about getting the non-benz style (without the side markers).

Any comments will be appreciated,

Paul

Here's a recent pic of my car

Attachments

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
i thought u said your car was aqua blue..in the picture its silver? those mirrors would look best on a black car but i think you could pull it off on a silver car as well just as long as you have some other carbon fiber high-lights around the exterior

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, ///M man. My car is actually aqua blue (or light blue, however you may call it). I think you checked my car before on this post http://www.bmw-forums.com/forum/index.php?...wtopic=2850&hl=

I just happen to have a really bad camera (and photographic skills) Sorry. :cry

Anyway, back on topic. I was thinking the same way you did. They would probably look good as long as I have some other cf high-lights which I don't think I'll ever have. Plus I just found out why the mirrors are that cheap. I translated the page (my Jap reading skills are really bad) and they are actually not Carbon Fiber but "Carbon Fiber Paint Style".

I guess I'll keep looking form some cheap OEM mirrors. Hope to find some sooner than later.

Paul

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input, Furious. I finally decided not to go with CF as they would look kinda out of place on my car. I think painted M3 OEM mirrors would look best. Or just keeping the stock ones.

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
no problem paul, basically with those CF mirrors its like only 2 layers of CF at the most and then they thicken the skin by adding clearcoat (lots of it) now this clear coat will heat up, cool down , sustain heavy fire from road debrit, you can imagine what can happen the CF will be fine but it will look quite ugly with lots of clear cracks in it. believe me ive seen already 2!! sets of CF mirrors with heavy cracks. however being in canada the temp change is quite drastic from time to time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts