BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at books a million looking at some "milfs"(moms i'd like to F**K), and reading all my fav bmw mags, and when i left, i go to start my car, and nothing....all electronics are fine but no start! i am starting to wonder if heat has something to do with this...if so it could be my fuel pump relay like on my crx i had to replace...or could it just be my alternator starting to go out? this is like the 3rd time its done this and i had to push while my buddy popped the clutch in first...that sucked in front of all those people!!!!!

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
sounds like your starter relay, or possibly it could be a dead battery. check the FAQ section for the thing on batteries

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i almost thought it was my battery but every now and then when i turn the key it doesnt start for 2-5 seconds then it turns over perfect and cranks right up...i checked my battery connections and all is good...where is the starter relay at? is it hard/expensive to replace?

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
its a normal e36 thing. And it is the heat. I actually had one of the guys I usually work on my car with tell me to take a beer can and make a heatsheild to put around the starter.

You can replace it if you want, but it will more than likely end up going bad again. What you need to do is hold the key in the start posision. I have the problem randomly and usually when I do it takes it just a second or ten to turn over, but occasionally it wont. If that happens hold it in start and it eventually will turn over even if it sounds as though nothing is happening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts