BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 328i and moved from Cali to Chicago this past summer. I changed my oil and coolant fluid when I got here. Now its freaking cold here and my car wont start. It worked yesterday but not today. It does this clicking noise while the lights flash when I try to start it. The battery seems fine since the lights work and the radio and everything work. I have a BMW code reader and I put that into the comp port. it gave me the message of EWS message whatever that is and also that my coolant temp is too low for closed loop circulation or something. Anyone know what the hell is going on and how I can fix it? Oh, when I got my fluids changed, they supposedly put in the cold weather stuff..... but its been pretty cold the last couple days around 22 high -3 low....can anyone help?

Bryce

·
Registered
497 Posts
your battery is too weak to turn the engine over. Just because your lights and radio come on doesn't mean that the battery is fine. If you have a maintenance battery then pull the covers and check the water level. Top off as necessary. Then jump start the car. You should have the battery checked. Sounds like your battery is just another victim of extreme cold weather.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
yeah i was about to say the same.

it takes a big deal to start a car. the radio and interior lights uses very little of the battery. turn off the lights, radio, air, etc and jump the car. that should do it. then go for a drive without having anything on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts