BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah i went into burger king and came out and my car wouldn't start. when you got to start there's like nothing at all a tiny noise it's not a clicky but kinda a little whine. my battery seems fine cause my lights are bright and my radio works. i tried jumping it anywayz still didn't work. also i have a alarm and that doesn't work at all now that might have something to do with it maybe not sure if it is connected to my battery anything just bought the car not too long ago. Any ideas what it could be it's a 87 bmw 320i. this sux i don't want to get it towed. could the alarm cause this? or i dunno it's a cobra alarm. but the weird thing is that i didn't set it when i went into burger king so i dunno. help....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also my lights went out completely in my instrument cluster and my inspection light came out so i dunno. i had planned on fixing it this weekend. this sux help

·
Registered
3 Posts
yeah it could be a fuse, at may also be your alternator, maybe its not holding charge, or this used to happen to mine too and it was the main power line under the fuse box that had been disconnected.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you've got an automatic, try taking it out of park and starting it in neutral, or back into park. Anyway, just move the tranny gears around.

I had an 89 325i that would occasionally not start, with the exact symptoms he's describing. I even had to get it towed the first time it happened. Once we got to the mechanic, I put it in reverse and rolled back down the ramp. Figured I might as well try starting it again, so I did. This time it started up with no problems.

AFter this incident, the problem would come and go every couple of weeks. I figured out all I needed to do was move the shifter, and it's start just fine. I guess I must of had some sensor that was bad?

·
Registered
345 Posts
i hope the burger king is in a nice neighboorhood....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts