BMW Werkz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 1995 525i a month ago. Ran fine the first two weeks. Battery died, replaced it. Now central locking system doesn't work. And to top it all off it will not start in very cold weather. Beginning to regret buying this car:(
Is there any hope that this will ever run right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not been able to check all the fuses. Truck won't open because of central locking system. I had this problem week and half ago, was able to start it by pushing the gas pedal half way down, releasing it, then turning key. Had the same thing happen to my last car, knew from experience to add fuel injector cleaner, so I did that. Started fine until it got real cold again. My husband drove it to work and now he can't get it started. Found out today he pumped it!!! He is suppose to try again today to get it started. Will check out fuses and fuel system if and when I ever get it back home.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My '94 525i refuses to start in the cold weather as well. The engine cranks, but does not catch. I've been able to start it with persistence for the past month; unfortunately the car was not having it this morning. I'm going to try the gas pedal trick and some fuel injection cleaner. If anyone else has some knowledge on this apparently common problem please let me know. I don't know if this requires a(n expensive) trip to the mechanic or not. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts