BMW Werkz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. what are ppl's opinion re: "touchless wash" vs "automatic brush wash"? what about undercarriage protection? from canada, & snow/salt brutal to deal with.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ive heard from many many people that ANY of these washes are really not good for your cars paint. However, Brush washes are a complete abonimation and only serve to scratch the clearcoat in most instances. I also still say its ALOT better to go through a touchless wash than to leave that road grime, salt and crap sitting on your car for an extended period of time. I go through one particular auto-wash here quite often and im fairly satisfied with the results. Also for the grime and packed in snow and dirt undercarriage washes are an excellent way to clear these areas.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Agree w/plydrv4me, touchless are the only way to go if you can't handwash it yourself and most do have the ever important undercarriage wash for the salt and sand.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
i'm all for washing the car myself, but if you want to take it to a carwash, then go to the touchless one.

you never know which car/truck used the autowash before you. it could have been a 4x4 that just came back from 4 wheelin, so there could be some left over mud and dirt when going through the auto wash.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Be careful though when you drive into the wash with that metal guide. They are rim eaters. Try and keep the rim from rubbing against the metal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in Toronto, Canada and I go to the coin wash onces a week and just wash it there. If you live in the Toronto Area there are a few detail shops that handwash you car for $15.00.

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by iceman91@Feb 2 2004, 03:44 PM
I live in Toronto, Canada and I go to the coin wash onces a week and just wash it there. If you live in the Toronto Area there are a few detail shops that handwash you car for $15.00.
where do you wash your car iceman? i wash mine at o'connor and eglington,
touchless car washes are better than brushes in most ways. its like going to the coin-op but the pressure is much greater.

but i still use them from time to time.

moving topic to detailing forum

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by Furious+Feb 4 2004, 11:32 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Furious @ Feb 4 2004, 11:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-iceman91@Feb 2 2004, 03:44 PM
where do you wash your car iceman? i wash mine at o'connor and eglington,
touchless car washes are better than brushes in most ways. its like going to the coin-op but the pressure is much greater.

but i still use them from time to time.

moving topic to detailing forum [/b][/quote]
I go to 3 of them the shell at HWY 7 and Bayview, Petro Canada at Finch and Kennedy or the Shell in door at Kennedy and south of HWY 7.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Touchless is the way to go if you can't find a self-service car wash that uses soft water.

·
Registered
497 Posts
agree, even if some "touchless washes" recycle their water; it's alot safer than the automatic car washes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts