BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1999 328I Auto

I am having a hell of a time getting this thing figured out. The car has a small missfire and when I red line it one injector stops working. Turn the car of and right back on an it strats working again but still has small missfire. The crazy thing is it does not always affect the same injector. It jumps around to different ones. Coils are fine and have confirmed spark on them and Have replaced all sparkplugs. I have also replaced the Crank Case Vent Valve and alll hoses and a couple coils and still not resolved.

Need help major help as I can not get insurance because check emgian light is on and qaircare (emissions controls) will not alow me to insure if the light is on. Plus I want it fixxed.

Thank you for any help you can

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So the 2 injectors that seem to be the ones doing it are 2 and 5 but only 1 at a time. I swapped around injectors 2 with 3 and 4 with 5 and issue stays the same! Could it be the ECU?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Are you aware that bimmers have rev limiters, whose job is to cut out the engine everytime you redline so u don't damage the engine? :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts