BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having the car on jackstands for the past one and a half months my car is just about done now. Guy i knew was selling his turbo m3, i got his stg1 kit off his car b4 he sold it. Specs are below. Install was a total bitch, i'll leave it at that. Right now im waiting on my software. AA has never made turbo 328 software ever (?), so karl is having to custom make it, and he is doing it in his spare time so it is taking a while. But other than the s/w issue, its all on and 100% installed good to go.
Here is pic of it off jackstands w/ its tiny IC.

i'll put up more pics later. & notice the clean organized garage :p
Haha, i haven't even cranked it yet and i want more power. I will probally be upgrading to the stg 2 kit early next year. If any of you all are intrested in the kit you can get it. 325s can get a chip from AA, 328s could probally get my old ECU with the software on it as i would be getting standalone.

All these parts came from an AA Stg 1 turbo kit that i would sell:
16g Turbo with internal wastegate
downpipe
Intercooler
Intake Piping
Oil feed line & oil return (you will need a new banjo fitting & nut for the feed tho, i got mine from AA for $20 new)
Instructions
Software (328s)

You will still need:
Software (325s)
manifold ($600-700)
injectors ($220 new from sumit)
spark plugs ($20 new)
by-pass/blow-off valve
boost controler, the electornic kinds are nice, but manual works just fine
boost gauge & a/f ratio gauge

Tho im still not sure if i will have enough $ to buy the stg 2 kit from AA and thus be able to sell this. Its all up in the air. AA's stg 2 kit isn't exactly cheap :).

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
post pics of the engine bay with turbo kit installed. 16G came from a DSM 4G63 motor I presume. Interested to see what kind of setup you have for the intercooler pipes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
dan did you do the install your self? car looks amazing as always. good to see its off the jackstads finally. let us know how it feels when you get it back on the road. good luck with your stage2 kit.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by bimmerfan620@Nov 23 2003, 03:51 PM
16G came from a DSM 4G63 motor I presume. Interested to see what kind of setup you have for the intercooler pipes.
I dont' know what motor that is but they would have the same compressor if its a 16g. The turbo is a hybrid, its not taken out of any stock mitsu. It is a mitsu 16g compressor w/ 17c compressor wheel and has a TD06 backend.
Thanks cj, yea i installed it all myself, not too too difficult, but the oil pan removal and tap and the manifold install sucked.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got it running, sorta.
All i can say id "DAMN" for the little bit my car was running.
After about 2 or 3 trips into boost in 2nd clutch kickes the bucket and my RPMs just shoot up like crazy. WOW! and this software is tuned to be real conservative.
I will have to get new clutch b4 it can hit the dyno again (or street haha) and get it properly tuned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts