BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Bimmer (if that is how you spell it) fans,

I am in the market for a new car, and came across an affordable BMW 318ti. It is a 96 year model, hatchback style. Its current odometer reads 95,000 miles. I don't think it is too bad, but I have a few reservations on buying this car, which I am seeking clarification and opinions on

1. I have heard and friends have told me that once a BMW hits a certain mileage point (approx 100,000 miles), they pretty much start to break down and have lots of mechanical issues, which are major and need fixing. Now, I have read some reviews of this make and model, but no longevity reports are available to look at. Is this true or a myth with BMWs in general?

2. Is the repairs expensive for BMWs as many believe they are?

Any information would help. Thanks so much for your input and attention to my issues at hand. Have a great day!

JTM :banghead

·
Registered
179 Posts
92 325i 150k
95 540 110k

540's doin great
325 ull have problems with small things motor runs great never anythign wrong with it. things like ac/interior and radio things like that. but motor is 100% perfect.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
if the car was well taken care of, it will last a long time. Repair costs arent much higher, but parts sometimes can be. You just have to know where to look. A word about the ti though: the auto is dog slow (as are all auto 1.8s). If you get a 318ti or any other 318 variant, you must get a manual transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts