BMW Werkz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why the key will not enter the ign switch? The car is in the arage ,in Park position. Tried both sets of keys, lock/unlock/move wheel/apply brake too no avail. It's Saturday night and no BMW help available, the roadside assistance couldn't give verbal help. How about getting it out of Park?

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
what do you mea it doesnt enter the ig switch? does the key turn in but it doesn start? if thats the case, your steering wheel lock is activated, just wobble the wheel (left to right repeatedly) while you start the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In exact terms, the key will not go into the ignition. Acts as if it is being locked out at the entry point.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
what are the last 7 digits of the vin and what kind of key do you have? What year and model is your car? Is it manual or automatic? I have a BMW Technical manual and I may be able to help...

·
Registered
94 Posts
I always thought that meant it was time to stop drinking and let someone else drive

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dealer will replace the ignition lock cylinder. Looks like it was some sort of sliding cover that was stuck in the downward position. They also will replace the starter as part of a recall? Anyone seen a recall for starters? :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts