BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
you cant use Gold Class or anything of that sort, but that invisible glass stuff works i hear

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by woobiee@May 25 2003, 12:20 AM
title says it all.
nope not with regular wax... but klasse works quite well on windows...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I use a product called "Rain Away" and it works great. Don't need to use my wipers.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
when i use Autoglym polish for the body work i do the glass as well with it....... i havent had any problems....

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
That Rain X and Rain Away are HARD as F**Q to apply when I tried it... It turned out like S***t :argh

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Originally posted by RedTape@May 25 2003, 01:14 PM
That Rain X and Rain Away are HARD as F**Q to apply when I tried it... It turned out like S***t :argh
i found rain ex to be crap, thats why i use normal car plish, it does the same thing!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Aquapel is simply the best - Better than rain-x, klasse, or anything else I've tried. Lasts a long time, but a bit pricey. See the bottom third of the page on this link: Auqupel

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by LowTech@May 25 2003, 12:37 PM
Aquapel is simply the best - Better than rain-x, klasse, or anything else I've tried. Lasts a long time, but a bit pricey. See the bottom third of the page on this link: Auqupel
welcome back lowtech! i love the cars!

·
Registered
5 Posts
where can you buy that rain away stuff?

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok i guess i will continue using my usually cleaning methods. I remember when I got my new windshield, it was clear and easy to clean. Now I try to wipe it and its quite difficult. I guess its time for a new windshield! HAHHA :lol: :lol:

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
i used rain-x . it works well but its hard to drive sometimes because the water beads up on the window and is sometimes just as hard to see out the front.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@May 26 2003, 02:33 AM
welcome back lowtech! i love the cars!
Thanks, Speedster! You guys have a great board here... :thumbs

·
Registered
349 Posts
A good tip is to use newspaper for cleaning windows as it leaves no fluff or streak marks, it leaves it spotless B)

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Try Gel-gloss from Home Depot for your windows. It smoothes them out, feels like silk and water sheets off during a rain. It doesn't last that long but it's cheap and also works well for polishing metal, plastic and fiberglass.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I've used Rain-X for a long time and have had no problems.
I can't drive in the rain without it.
You have to know how to apply Rain-X or it will be crap.
After applying, you need to buff it off with a clean towel or papertowel till it's crystal clear. Otherwise it's gonna look foggy and messy.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Originally posted by trojp@Aug 22 2004, 06:31 PM
A good tip is to use newspaper for cleaning windows as it leaves no fluff or streak marks, it leaves it spotless B)
Newspaper & vineger for inside of windows - Old fashioned method but it works (leaves your car smelling like a fish & chip shop though)

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Originally posted by BeelZibub@Aug 25 2004, 03:54 AM
Old fashioned method but it works (leaves your car smelling like a fish & chip shop though)
Windex makes a window cleaner w/o amonia and uses a decent smelling vinegar instead. It works well and contains no caustic chemicals.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I have gotten wax on my windows when I used gold Class mequires and it came off and actually cleaned it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts