BMW Werkz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you put an OEM facelift sedan's hood onto a pre-facelift sedan?
Just swapping the hood and not doing the entire facelift project

I just went thru alot of threads where some of you saying yes it can be done, and some saying no.

I know Seibon makes a facelift style CF hood/grill for pre-facelift sedans and it fits perfectly. Does the OEM hoods retrofit the exactly?

I would love to do this! As my current hood has a small dent. Again, I do not want to do the entire facelift project but just the hood swap.

It's like having the best of both worlds...

More masculine headlamps with a wide aggressive grill structure...

This would be cool if it works...

· Premium Member
12,082 Posts
I think it should work. As far as I understand, the aftermarket guys like Vornsteiner only sell one hood for the E46 sedan, regardless of whether facelifted or not.

Most of what I found through a quick google search were more threads like this that you posted on other forums. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Perhaps see realoem and check if all the connecting parts have teh same part numbers :dunno

Good luck!

:ninjaedit: call bavauto and tell them you are thinking of buying a replacement hood due to the dent, but that you'd like to upgrade to the facelifted if possible. They may be able to tell you right away, or they can do the research for you and then send you an email. Just a thought.

· Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I think it should work. As far as I understand, the aftermarket guys like Vornsteiner only sell one hood for the E46 sedan, regardless of whether facelifted or not.

Most of what I found through a quick google search were more threads like this that you posted on other forums. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Perhaps see realoem and check if all the connecting parts have teh same part numbers :dunno

Good luck!

:ninjaedit: call bavauto and tell them you are thinking of buying a replacement hood due to the dent, but that you'd like to upgrade to the facelifted if possible. They may be able to tell you right away, or they can do the research for you and then send you an email. Just a thought.
yeah...there is a Seibon GTR one as well that is beyond bad ass!

Okay...Seibon manages to do this and a few folks claimed it was also do-able for 100% OEM hoods...
anyone?

These are prefacelift sedans with facelift style Vorsteiner and Seibon CF hoods

· Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DEBATE DONE! It can be done.
SNA77 did it to his car and I have indeed seen pics of what he's done. When you think about it, the hoods should be exactly the same since the engine bay structures and supports beneath the hood are the same.
Only where the headlamps arch into the dip at the center grills you get a slight deviation, but the hood flaps over the headlamp shell at this arch so you won't notice unless closing the hood and checking under to see how it lines up. That said, there can also be a slight space along the headlight top line.

Yes, you can do this without doing a complete facelift. It lines up pretty good, but not perfect over the headlights.
THANK YOU!!!! You are my hero SNA77!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.