BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to determine the best way to upgrade..I need more bass to basic setup(overall good) can I add a DSP unit now from the dealership..anyone know??

the service dept seem a bit unknowledgable on the sound system on the car...do all Head unit with DSP have a button next to the audio button that is labeled DSP...so the head unit would need to be upgraded as well...if so I would guess this would get to expensive...

·
Registered
4,663 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have looked at the site very carefully..nice link...saw it last night problem is alot the info is for older models not 2003....

alot good info on stuff but I wonder if you can add some of the premium setup afterwards..I would guess(very poor on my audio knowledge) that the bass speakers are ok not great and if I could just add a subwoofer and dsp module I would be happy but if the head unit needs to be changed too then the price would be off the wall I am sure for a partial upgrade....

I am not a huge audiophile but my last car an 1996 A4 quattro had ther upgrade stereo from BOSE( I realize many audiophiles are not impressed with BOSE) and I loved the sound quality..granted the car was smaller and acoustics are different but the base sound system seems a bit weak...I am sorry to say BMW sales people were not very knowledgable on details ... but I was told there was a subwoofer on the base system...

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
well same should apply for all E39's not exactly positive. im sure you can contact some of those folks for better info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts