BMW Werkz banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Ich bin der Modifikator
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is the passenger rear quarter panel a full 1/2" lower then the driver's rear......I know the battery being there adds a little weight, but not enough to weigh it down an 1/2".......

As you know, I have replaced all my springs, spring shims, shocks, RTAB's, sways & links......

I also heard this is common on the E36....

I am somewhat of a perfectionist.......& very tempted to shim the spring to even it out........

johnny :conf

3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So when you sit in the car it levels out. It's designed that way.
Thanks.......I figured that much, when "I" sit in the car.....so, what happens when I have a passenger too? Back to square one......

Visually it's really not a problem......but since I staggered my wheels & had the quarters rolled, the passenger rear tire rubs slightly on the right outer edge of the quarter...... only on hard excelleration........

johnny :conf

3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not the ultimate passenger machine lol. Same reason the cup holders suck. If it bothers you and is causing issues I'd just shim it like you said.
It's not the ultimate passenger machine
LOL......:rofl

Thanks again....SHAHAB.....that's what I am going to do......

johnny :)

· Registered
6,064 Posts
^ wow it's you! Wow!!

Measure everything

3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm impressed that you even noticed! How'd you do that?
Like I said, I am somewhat of a perfectionist.......plus I just wondered why only the passenger rear tire was rubbing on hard excelleration & not both rear tires......so I got my tape measure & measured from the bottom outside edge of the right rear quarter panel to the top of the rear wheel.....did the same on the other side, then came up with the 1/2" difference in the two........:eek:hnoes

johnny :)

· Registered
28 Posts
that was happening to me too!! what kind of suspension do you have on the car? i had a set of koni and the right side passenger rear was always rubbing for some odd reason. So i got tired and bought me a set of KW shocks and springs and it leveled out. some cheap springs and shocks are probably your problem i bet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.