BMW Werkz banner

can i put a 330i engine in my 325?

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  docrobot 
#1 ·
i was wonderin how hard a 330i engine swap would be to a 325i? Ive heard people puttin the m3 engine in but then you need the rear end redone and the ac and other shit doesnt work... well any help would be great

thanks,
ritch
325i
KM Racing Team
Phoenix AZ

#3 ·
What about an E36 M3 engine into an E36 328is? I would figure that the swap would be easy, with no/few modifications needed. (I saw a rebuilt e36 M3 engine, ported and polished, for sale for around 8Gs with no core deposit. I drooled a little bit)

#6 ·
yea, basically all you need is money. I know a couple companies have shoe horned the V12 in there. It will probably be the easiest to get an M3 engine in there, probably the easiest on the ol' wallet as well.

One of the tech guys here at BMW of murray(in slc,utah) has done the M5 engine a couple times into a E46.

#7 ·
u got to be seruous...a v12 would cost...whoa buddy..there gettin rare..i would say just for the engine..bout 7-10g for one..thats witout the tranny..i know a euro m3 3.2l (e36) motor and tranny cost lik 11g all together plus shippin

#8 ·
We have an E36 M3 engine (Euro specs) resting at one of our suppliers with less than 60K miles on it at around $ 6.750 shipped all the way to your door.(shipping done by sea, duration some 4-5 weeks)

But it should be do-able to make engine swaps, you might have to do some modifications to other parts than the actual engine.

Josephine

#9 ·
I've heard of some guys putting in the Supra tt engine in their 3-Series, cause they are both I6's. But then it's not really a BMW anymore, is it?

#10 ·
Originally posted by Josephine@nikisplace@Apr 10 2003, 04:53 PM
We have an E36 M3 engine (Euro specs) resting at one of our suppliers with less than 60K miles on it at around $ 6.750 shipped all the way to your door.(shipping done by sea, duration some 4-5 weeks)

But it should be do-able to make engine swaps, you might have to do some modifications to other parts than the actual engine.

Josephine
hey do u know the pro and cons on a euro m3 swap?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.