BMW Werkz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i like the fenders on the m3, but the 325 is more practical and cheaper to maintain, etc....do the fenders on the m3 fit on the 325?

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
no, becaue the fenders on the M3 are part of the whole shell, you would need to raplace most of the body in order to do that, costs lots of money, more practical to just get an M3

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess more practical if you want the fenders. but they are more expensive to get, and to repair/restore.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
it can be done. however it is a lot of work. you have to have someone who is very skilled at body repair to do the job.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by lwebb12@Nov 30 2003, 04:07 PM
it can be done. however it is a lot of work. you have to have someone who is very skilled at body repair to do the job.
ya...im sure i could make it out of clay stuff or fiberglass, but...meh

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
you would need to change your front and rear valance and bumpers, and it also wouldnt look right without the M3 rear deck (i think the rear windshield is different too). plus you would probably need a set of spacers to make the wheels look right under the buldges.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I believe they make a kit for the standard e30 that incorperates m3 style fenders. It does not use the oem fenders however. But it would probably be your best bet with out doing some major body alterations. I will ask my e30 budy and see who makes it.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
The rear window is longer, there is a shortner on the trunk, the rear is shorter, so the entire rear and front end is different.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Carlton Auto is the name of the manufacturer of the wide body kit. I dont have a link though. You might try a search on google. I believe there is a few more companies that make a kit like that but I'm not 100% sure right now. If I find anymore I'll post it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by RollinOn24s@Dec 2 2003, 03:50 PM
Carlton Auto is the name of the manufacturer of the wide body kit. I dont have a link though. You might try a search on google. I believe there is a few more companies that make a kit like that but I'm not 100% sure right now. If I find anymore I'll post it.
hmm...google didnt find anything on carlton autos, atleast not an aftermarket company or whatever...just a bunch of used car sales places.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah I tried a search as well. I think my friend found it in a magazine. I will ask him if there are any sites online that have their stuff.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ok I found it. Beware though....other kits on this site may be offensive. Some of the riciest kits I have ever seen. Here is the link.
http://www.deltastyling.co.uk/

Once in the site click on carlton and then it will show a pic of an e36 m3. click the text under that. then click the text under the picture of the e30.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts