BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was not sure about this but they look OK. Actually there not very noticeable you almost have to look for it. In a full car view photo you can not see them. used 1200 degree paint. Just wanted a little custom touch. Don't want to get carried away. Any thoughts.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry guys the picture came in kind of big hope it doesen't load to slow.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Between cleaning and putting 4 coats of paint on each, it took about two hours. This high heat paint goes on very thin. You need to be patient and let each coat get tacky before applying the next coat. It did not really start to cover well until the third coat. Used Dupli-Color ceramic 1200 degree paint. Even with four coats there really is not alot of paint on calipers.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
red looks awesome

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My M3 is Laguna Seca Blue. The paint I used was just marked blue in the Dupli Color high heat paint. I have seen red on red and I though it looked great, the red does stand out much more.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
at high speeds the wheel sping it will look very obvious!!! thats cool... im too lazy to jack my car up remove whell ect ect.....

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
299 Posts
i love hte idea and it seems like a very cheap mod that looks great. i've been reading up on the whole thing and foliatec keeps coming up. Anyone have experience with that?

Also, you said that you did a few layers on each but I've also read that the paint dries quickly. How do you take care of htat..?

·
Registered
299 Posts
One more thing.. how do I know what to tape off? I'm not particularly mechanically inclined but this seems like a pretty simple job. Anyone have a diagram or anything like that of things that should be taped?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm being stupid here, but is that a brand paint or the company located in Germany. and specializes in custom glass work.

http://foliatec.de/1_styenglish.shtml

Anyway, It was about 55 degrees in my garage when I applied the paint. I would not worry to much about how quickly it dries. Just let it get dry enough so you don't get any runs in the paint. I think any brand name high heat paint would work fine.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts