BMW Werkz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im debating b/w two 745i's one is loaded with many options and is blue on tan 95000 miles two owner, the other is just pretty basic silver with gray interior with 84000 miles 3 owners. both are in good condition and are about the same price, im getting an extended powertrain warranty on the one that i purchase, any opinions will be very helpful thanx in advance

· Help from over the pond
3,230 Posts
Do be aware the early E65/E66's had quite a few issues with the electrical systems including the i-drive. So obtain all the warranties you can get your hands on.

· Registered
6 Posts
Warranty a must !

Make sure you receive a top notch warranty when purchasing the vehicle and ensure that it covers EVERYTHING. Having owned a 2002 E65 745i im now back to and older E38 Model (my fourth). This was due to the nightmare which i had with the E65. Granted it had over 100k but full BMW history from new with a catalogue of reciepts to go with it (maybe not so good). All though it had the Concours package purchased when new. Electrics, and two water leaks to name but a few. The last one a "Water Feed Pipe" where BMW wanted 6K to fix. Rectified for a little under 200 pounds by my BMW Master Technician at Prestige German. By this point id lost total confidence in the car (off the road 3 times in 9 months). Yes maybe ive bought "one of those cars" but as much as it was my ultimate car to buy where i traded in an E38 for it, ive now reverted back to another E38. The last of the best old school Beemers in my mind. Yes id love another E65 but at this moment in time im enjoying life STAYING ON THE ROAD for a while as oppose to OFF THE road. I feel the build quality just isnt there anymore. Yes every BMW comes with its faults but you have to realistic when every month you are putting aside finances "just incase the damn thing goes wrong again"

My thoughts only !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.