BMW Werkz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on buying a 2004 M3. My only concern in that the 3 series is about to be Bangled soon. I'm not very excited about the prospect of having an old shape. Does anyone have any idea when the new 4 series (which i believe will be the 3 series coupe), and subsequently M4, will be released. Also will there still be an M3 or will we be left with only the M4. Anyway, what would you do if you were me.

PS. I really like all the new Bangle shapes.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
no one knows for sure what will happen but even after the new 3 series comes out then M won't follow for at least a year or two. Buy now and enjoy for at least 3 years.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The new M3's are dope.

Plus if you maintain it well, which shouldnt be a problem.... :blink: ..it'll have high resale value.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Go ahead and get the 04 M3... New models are never promising, and you can always make a trade in.
I believe the M4 will be its own model, like the Z4.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. After careful consideration i've decided to go for an S4 Cabriolet. Audi will begin taking orders for them in Jan I believe. I know that its not going to be as involving an experiance as an M3, but I really like the new shape. I really do believe that the S4 Cab is one of the nicest looking cars in the world today. Any opinions on the S4.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
The M3 is probably my favorite car, especially in the convertable. BMW is so unpredictable in their release of new cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by nkasuri@Dec 17 2003, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the input. After careful consideration i've decided to go for an S4 Cabriolet. Audi will begin taking orders for them in Jan I believe. I know that its not going to be as involving an experiance as an M3, but I really like the new shape. I really do believe that the S4 Cab is one of the nicest looking cars in the world today. Any opinions on the S4.
Audi is a very good choice. Problem is, resale value on Audis isn't as good as Bmws. Both makes are about the same quality, as far is build quality goes.
What is the S4, a V8 now? You are getting good numbers for the price, when you get the S4. The M3 is slightly over priced, as many Bimmers are, im sure you will get the S4 at a better deal.

I ordered the new 645i last week at my local Bmw dealer, and its due for end of May. Currently I drive an '72 CSL 3.0, which does well for my schedule, but isn't something i'd want to add miles onto.

The S4 cab is a great, if not better choice, from the M3.
Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by nkasuri@Dec 14 2003, 11:45 PM
I'm planning on buying a 2004 M3. My only concern in that the 3 series is about to be Bangled soon. I'm not very excited about the prospect of having an old shape. Does anyone have any idea when the new 4 series (which i believe will be the 3 series coupe), and subsequently M4, will be released. Also will there still be an M3 or will we be left with only the M4. Anyway, what would you do if you were me.

[snapback]66821[/snapback]​
hey buddy u onlineeeeeeeeeeee can we talk for somewhile sexyyy???? :cya

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Ah. The S4. Audi's are good looking, aren't they? I, for one, won't hate you for that decision. It is safe and financially reasonable - as long as (aforementioned) you plan on eventually trading in the S4 because they don't depreciate as well as bmw's.
Personally, I would have waited maybe a year or two for the newest version of the M3 (or 4, whichever) as that will see the price drop considerably on the already sharp looking e46. That way it would be a win-win situation; you get to preview the new M3, and if you don't like it you can get the e46 for cheap!
Well, relatively.
Personally, I'm an e36 man. It's about the potential of the car, yes? And where there are mods, there is much potential.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The M3 will be awesome for some time to come but the new designer dude will definetly make the 4 series interesting. Another thing to keep in mind is how will BMW make the 4 series for the future. The 5 has a V10 engine with like over 500 horses. The M3 might not be anything like the 4 series of the future.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The new 3-series is just around the corner (spring/summer), the M-series will follow the year after, expect it within the next 18-24 months. When the price drops, a 2004 M3 'old shape' ain't so bad, considering they were £40k new!

·
Registered
4 Posts
:naughty :poke :screwy :nono :D :welcome :wave :thumbsdown :thumbs :pissed2 :eek:uch :guns :drunk :goodness: :nana
Originally posted by BMWBEAUTY+Feb 25 2005, 01:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BMWBEAUTY @ Feb 25 2005, 01:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-nkasuri@Dec 14 2003, 11:45 PM
I'm planning on buying a 2004 M3. My only concern in that the 3 series is about to be Bangled soon. I'm not very excited about the prospect of having an old shape. Does anyone have any idea when the new 4 series (which i believe will be the 3 series coupe), and subsequently M4,  will be released. Also will there still be an M3 or will we be left with only the M4. Anyway, what would you do if you were me.

hey buddy u onlineeeeeeeeeeee can we talk for somewhile sexyyy???? :cya
[snapback]299227[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]
:cheers :bravo :banghead :gay

·
Registered
4 Posts
:thumbsdown :thumbs
Originally posted by nkasuri@Dec 14 2003, 11:45 PM

lolzzzz.... :driving :poke :pissed2 :welcome :dunno :deal :devil :cry :yezfunny :screwy

·
Registered
22 Posts
you never know, sometimes the first few years of a car model can have mechanical defects, and im not just talking engine. im talking annoying design flaws. the M3 has been honed for over 10 yrs. id say go with the m3. Also, because the m4 will probably be more money because its new, you can save some dough by going with the m3 and throw some $ at it for mods.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I dont think the M3.. is goin to be called the M4. I remember reading this somewhere, but now i can't remember. The M3 name has way to much tradition and recognition behind it to just throw it out the window and now become the M4. Anyone else heard this also?

·
Science Roolz!
7,043 Posts
BMWBEAUTY wtf are u doing, i'd buy the m3 now, it's such an amazing machine, u should buy now and enjoy it until the next one comes out, who knows u just might want to keep what the e46 m3

·
Registered
104 Posts
Here's the deal, you buy the M3, I will drive it for a few months till you make up your mind. :driving

The good thing about BMW is that they hold their value. Buy now and later trade it in or sell it and get the new model. :cheers

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I think the New M4 will come out in 2007 even so I would'nt buy the first year model. There are always problems buying a newly release model. There were major electrical problems in the new 7-series and in the 5 series also. I would'nt be surprise if the trend is followed in the new 3.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts