BMW Werkz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 328is and live in Portland, OR in the boonies. I drive fast at night most of the time on rural roads without streetlights. I often overdrive my highbeam headlights. I'm kinda scared of hitting a deer. I was wondering if anyone had any luck with replacing their lightbulbs with something brighter without doing HID. Another idea I had was to replace my fogs with driving lights, since I don't use 'em, but I have no idea if that's possible, easy, or cheap. Hoping someone has had some luck with one of those ideas. I'm looking for the best cheap to bright ratio.

Thanks in advance. :yup

·
Registered
242 Posts
Need some cutting on the bulb to set it in the socket after you're done aim your fogs high so you see farther. :yup

Attachments

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
if you are overdriving your highs then there is nothing you can really do. HID fogs dont have that much range and ellipsoid lows still dont reach as far as the highs. You best option is to upgrade to Euro-spec ellipsoid headlights. They will give you 30% more lowbeam range but use the same highbeam reflector. Brighter bulbs will produce more light, but it may not cast any farther than the current ones; it will only light up things better in your current range.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
you can buy those "xenon" bulbs but i dont recommend it since they wont last very long. the only fix is to buy the ellipsoid headlights then get true HID. Thats what im currently doing and its pretty pricey

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Silvania Super Whites (or whatever they are called) are awesome. Check them out. They run about 20$ each, but well worth it.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
As for the fake xenon bulbs, I have a pair that have lasted me almost two years. They will finally be going away come delivery of my HID. I did notice a substanstial increase in light output, but I did not gain any significant range.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have the PIAA Xtreme white plus bulbs in low and high beam on mine, I love them...They are more expensive than the Sylvania Silverstars and now i wished I would have gone with the Sylvanias..I installed some on my dads truck and they are awesome! I am about to get some for my GMC 2500 truck...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts