BMW Werkz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TTTOOOO MUCH BREAK DUST! I wash my car about once a week and by the time i get to washing it my rims are pretty much gunmetal cuz they are so dirty from break dust. Is there something wrong with my car? what should i do?

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by cardio@Jun 23 2003, 11:05 PM
TTTOOOO MUCH BREAK DUST! I wash my car about once a week and by the time i get to washing it my rims are pretty much gunmetal cuz they are so dirty from break dust. Is there something wrong with my car? what should i do?
it happens to ALL european cars...my bros volvo, my dads benz, all or bimmers, covered in brake dust in about a day...they believe softer brake pads will perform better, but they sure give off ALOT of dust!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+Jun 23 2003, 08:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ Jun 23 2003, 08:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cardio@Jun 23 2003, 11:05 PM
it happens to ALL european cars...my bros volvo, my dads benz, all or bimmers, covered in brake dust in about a day...they believe softer brake pads will perform better, but they sure give off ALOT of dust! [/b][/quote]
:werd:

·
Retired administrator
5,996 Posts
EBC Greenstuff... went that way and never looked back. They eat your rotors a little, but it's not like they don't need resurfacing after every brake pad change anyway.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by woobiee@Jun 24 2003, 02:20 AM
wax your rims right after you wash your car...it will be easier to clean.
lol i dont care how easy it is too clean, i care how much gets on it!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea i can clean it easily, but until i clean it my rims are extremely dirty, there has to be somethin to reduce breakdust or somethin

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
3 options.1.change your brake pads to a dustless, or even something other than BMW's stock ones, (they are the worst), 2. get a dust sheild, i believe bavauto.com sells them. 3. tough it out untill these pads are fried and use some wheel wax to help relieve the stress of heavy duty cleaning every time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Used to drive a Volvo S70 GLT Turbo. Brake dust like you wouldn't believe. My 328is does the exact same. It's a euro car - enough said. Buy Hawk HPS street performance brake pads and your rims will be less 'gunmetal' at the end of the week.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by xBMW328x@Jun 24 2003, 07:09 PM
Used to drive a Volvo S70 GLT Turbo. Brake dust like you wouldn't believe. My 328is does the exact same. It's a euro car - enough said. Buy Hawk HPS street performance brake pads and your rims will be less 'gunmetal' at the end of the week.
you said that right, my bro has a heavily modded 97 850 R, and those brakes put off sooo much dust, its insane

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
nothing makes me more mad than seeing someone driving around in a bimmer and the front wheels are brownish black because they cant afford the time to wash their car. :banghead

1 - 12 of 12 Posts