BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand of Wax does everyone use? Ive seen Carnuba in a few forums. I was gonna use meguires "gold class", but im curious to see what my fellow bimmer drivers use. The color is black if that makes a diffrence. :dunno

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi, I also have a black BMW. I started out using Mother's California Gold Carnuba, but I about broke my A... getting it off. I found it terribly difficult to work with, however, I was waxing it by hand. Since then I have switched to Zymol. It is a liquid and much easier to work with. It does a great job too!

Don't forget to clay your car at least once a year.

Good luck!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Polymers are by far the easiest and most durable. I recommend either Blackfire or Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection (UPP for short). No wax or sealant will remove paint. If you see a color transfer from surface to applicator, its removing dead paint, via abrasives or chemical cleaning. There are some wax/cleaners which are designed to do this, they clean the paint, then protect. very short lived protection though. Your better off polishing your paint, then preserving with a Polymer.

·
Registered
628 Posts
My recipe is Griots Garage stages 1-3 for paint cleaning and scratch removal. Followed by Meguirs Glaze, usually two coats. Finished by a coat of Meguirs Carnuba or Griots Garage Carnuba.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Zymol was ranked best by Consumer Reports a couple of years ago... best shine and durability. I also like Maguiar's...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I detail professionally and I use a variety of brands. I recomend a polish, wax/sealant and then a carnauba. I really like the Klasse Twins, the All in One cleans the paint and shines it and the High Gloss Sealant Glaze enhances the depth and gives it protection. Poorboys has an amazing variety of products that are best bang for your buck and are great on BMWs. I also started using Menzerna which is used by Mercedes in their factory, and I've been really impressed with that as well. After I've put on the polish and the wax/sealant I like to top it off with a Carnauba wax like p21s (my personal favorite) but poorboys world is a close second with their EX and their Natty's Paste Wax.
Polishes http://secure.detailedimage.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Polish
Waxes (including ones with carnauba) http://secure.detailedimage.com/Merchant2/...tegory_Code=Wax

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well I am new to the wax dept - however I have used mothers car wash which is terrible.. but I use Meguirs to wash it and that is the best product I have used for washing.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
REJEX!
lasts up to 6 months, works very well because i have seen one guy using it on his bimmer... it looked very nice

i'll be trying it soon and tell you how it works

first though i gotta find 3m fill n glaze pink to take minor scratches out

·
Registered
30 Posts
Exceldetail was RIGHT

Have 3 black Bimmers.Ordered the Blackfire kit.Clayed first and then used the other 2 steps and OH MAN .LOOKIN GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Excel I'm payin attention .......

·
I am Teh Edumacator.
4,521 Posts
Formula 1 waterless wash and wax. Get the whole car done in just under an hour. Pretty hard on the towels, though--takes off a lot of dirt!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts