BMW Werkz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 89 325i. i have to put new front brake pads on it. could anyone recommend a brand of pads to use. thanks.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
You can also check out GreenStuff pads, I've never used them but I've heard good things (mainly that they produce little/no brake dust). Or Pagid (which might be OE).

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Welcome Dinger B)

ive heard greenstuff pads are hard on your rotors and wont last very long, less than a year. i would try mintex or pagid oe. also if you wanna have sharper braking look into some stainless steel brake lines, they run anywhere from $50-$100.

·
Registered
108 Posts
yeah, although they'll look better, SS lines really don't do alot on a stock brake set-up... but i have heard differently... it can go either way

the only way to know for sure if they make a difference is to have a friend of yours install em sometime randomly when u don't know about... see if u think to yourself one day... "hey... wtf?... my brakes feel stiffer... ohhhhhhh, he snuck em in on me :D "

·
Retired administrator
5,996 Posts
braided lines last longer overall and improve performance over the life of the vehicle, but their main advantage is that they don't expand like rubber/silicone hoses do and solidify the feel of the pedal.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
let me summerize... ahem...

dustless pads suck

eitherway, there are 3 main types of pads, race pads, metallic pads, and organic pads. Certain brands differ but race pads squeal like shit crazy loud as do metalic.

personally i like seeing all that dust. makes them look bronze or something

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by Fox@Aug 2 2003, 08:12 PM
let me summerize... ahem...

dustless pads suck

eitherway, there are 3 main types of pads, race pads, metallic pads, and organic pads. Certain brands differ but race pads squeal like shit crazy loud as do metalic.

yeah except those basketweave wheels are a PITA to clean :guns

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
naw.. just get a rough bristle tooth brush or a steel wool wrap brush it goes by incredibly quick once you get in a pattern of scrubbin

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
just use the padgid ones that BMW uses. (actually i think those are the ones that kick up less brake dust.)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Originally posted by Fox@Aug 2 2003, 08:12 PM

Yeah, but you get 5 times more dust on the front wheels so your front rims look like they're a darker color than the back ones. :wink

1 - 13 of 13 Posts