BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brake light is out my light is red when my lights are on but when i push on the brakes the brake light doesnt come on what kind of bulb do i need to buy how much $ and what does the bulb look like? and do the taillight housings come otu easy?
David

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
i think its a 1156 ,, may not mean much but thats how i remember it at my mechanics shop..

bulbs cost like 5 dollars or less, just go to your local bmw dealership and pick one up , they are better than the kind you get at aftermarket stores or even your local pep boys.

no housing to take out , you remove the black cover (its got a dial on it) then you pull the proper bulb holder out. once you get the black cover you'll see its straight forward.

·
Registered
698 Posts
You don't need to go to the dealer to buy the bulbs, sylvania at pep boys is just as good as anything. They usually have a little electronic thing that will let you look up your car and tell you the numbers for headlights and taillights.

·
Premium Member
13,803 Posts
Affirmative if you want you can go to the dealer but i buy most of my replacement bulbs from Pep Boys or Kragen Auto Parts and they seem to work just fine...

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
they for some reason dont last as long, ive done the test twice , OEM on one side, aftermarker on the other. im still on the OEM's and the aftermarkets have been replaced twice now they are OEM.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
i agree. Especially amber bulbs. The ones from cheap stores like walmart burn the orange off, but the OEMs dont.

·
Registered
10 Posts
they're not that hard and the bulbs are pretty cheap... get the aftermarket ones, PIAA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts