BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need a little help here...i changed my front brakes with the sensor and i still have the brake lamp light still on...does anyone know how to reset the light or something? i did not change the rear brake pads cause they are still good...

my mechanic told me to unplug the battery and then plug it back in to reset the brake lamp but he also said that you will need the radio code to use the radio again...is there a default code for the radio?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Turn the key to the run position and wait for about 11 sec. the light should go out.
Ben

You did replace the sensor also correct?

·
Registered
21 Posts
:nope
Hmmm....I think your mechanic is mistaken. I had the same problem & when I disconnected the battery on my 323Ci, the sensor light went out but I had no problem using the radio afterwards.

R.R.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
on the newer cars, i dont think the radios are code protected.

the code is supplied with the car when its bought and if you dont have it, id get ahold of BMW and have your proof of ownership, vin and every other peice of important information ready so you can get the code beforehand.

·
Registered
497 Posts
the mechanic IS mistaken. Put the key in, turn to position II and leave it on for 10-15 seconds. The light should go out and you'll be on your way. You are looking at the brake lining light and not the park brake light aren't you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts