BMW Werkz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well at my mechanics shop installing my rear spoiler , i decided to learn how to do a full brake job. it was suprisingly easy, turned out to be a seized sliders on the rear brakes, ( the car was an e30 325ix) , it was a lot of fun to learn and im gonna change my pads within the next comming weeks when i go to replace my left front speed sensor which is causing my abs light to go on.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Good stuff yo! Changing breaks is probably one of the easiest things one can do on a car. A little more of a pain in the arse if ya got brake drums as opposed to disk brakes, but still relatively easy.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I would atempt it.... but my car is 3 inches off the ground... i have no jack.... I have no tools, not even a freakin screw driver...

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by BlackTape@Jul 22 2003, 12:41 PM
I would atempt it.... but my car is 3 inches off the ground... i have no jack.... I have no tools, not even a freakin screw driver...
And you call yourself an enthusiast? Get a tool box, and a 2 ton jack, some duct tape, and a manual. Sheesh.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
tools or mods ?????

hard decision.... let me think :screwy

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Oh, that's right. You'd rather get raped to change your oil, do your brakes, change a light bulb, find your ass, than spend the 15$ on a good tool set. My bad. :poke

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by BlackTape@Jul 22 2003, 10:05 AM
tools or mods ?????

think about how much you would save on mods if you could avoid labor costs :broken

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Originally posted by BlackTape@Jul 22 2003, 06:05 AM
tools or mods ?????

:screwy LOL :screwy

1. cars come and go... and the mods go with them... unless you plan on owning the same car for the rest of your life.

2. quality tools will be with you forever.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
My friends dad has over 10,000 dollars of tools in his TWO CAR GARAGE!!!!

one day i want something like that cause I actually know how to do these things.... just no tools.

but for now my car sits in the garage freshly waxed till it stops raining.... I haven't drivin my car in 6 days now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts