BMW Werkz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing has been out for a while, I just haven't had a chance to snap any pics of it...There are two in the pics, one is boxed up under the other..

10,000 watts
100 lbs
$1200 each
I think retail is around 1600 each

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another with a regular kicker comp 12 next to it

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here is a shot of the box they will be going in...yep thats DOUBLE 3/4 inch MDF!

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
another of the box

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FOR SOME REASON NONE OF MY PICS WILL SHOW...

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i think i know why my pics will not post, when i look at properties on the ones i posted "forums" is spelled wrong and I cannot change it..I tried to link and post the pics as a

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
why would you want or need that much power and weight in a car? Im sorry, but thats just asinine.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by BMWL2@Dec 28 2003, 05:48 PM
I have a Diamond M6 10 and that is enough for me!!!
How do you like that Diamond sub? I have a CM3 10 in my 325i and I love it! I have it in a "hooker" vented box...I have been trying to push alot of Diamond around here, I think it is starting to catch on...

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I love it!! I have it in a small sealed box and it still throws out some serious lows. I have been meaning to build a Diamond spec box for it but havent had the time.

I am powering it with a Power Acoustik 1100w digital class d amp and it takes that power like it was nothing.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah the hooker box I am using is built off the diamond specs, it surprises alot of people! I have a measly 300 watts on it and I know it can handle double that, I just havent upped my amp yet..

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
BMWL2, how well does that PA amp work? Ive heard they arent very good from some people and they are from others. Whats yours been like?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
haha 2 solo x's must be insane

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
those speakers are 100lbs each, and with dbl 3/4" mdf, thats easily almost the weight of two of those speakers, thats crazy. you might have to do some engine mods to keep the car running well. lol

what kind of amp are you using for those? if i remember right those are made for sound off competition, so they'll be loud but probably not have too much SQ. I've been curious as to how they sound though, keep me updated.

Did you build that box yourself? how much internal volume per sub is there and how much port area? shits gonna be loud... :goodness:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by sp0rky@Dec 31 2003, 08:02 PM
those speakers are 100lbs each, and with dbl 3/4" mdf, thats easily almost the weight of two of those speakers, thats crazy. you might have to do some engine mods to keep the car running well. lol

what kind of amp are you using for those? if i remember right those are made for sound off competition, so they'll be loud but probably not have too much SQ. I've been curious as to how they sound though, keep me updated.

Did you build that box yourself? how much internal volume per sub is there and how much port area? shits gonna be loud... :goodness:
Actually these are not going in my car, they are at the shop I work at. One of the installers built the vented box. Believe it or not that box is going to replace the back seat in a '73 Impala 2 door on some 23's! Yep, it's a local drug dealer! He got busted about 2 months ago when we were almost halfway through with the car, so now it is on stand-still but he paid up 7k on the setup..The whole deal was gonna be around 15k after it's all finished. We are using 4 of the Kicker KX1200.1 amps on each sub..That's roughly around 5800-6000 watts per sub! 2 high output Ohio Generator alternators, 4 strands of 0 ga wire, 6 batteries,1500 in dynamat, 2 big 4 channel kx800.4 amps on the component sets, some screens, a good bit of fiberglass etc...

The cones are "field-repairable" which means you can remove the entire cone/spider/voice coil assembly at once and drop a new one in..Cool stuff..

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Originally posted by El Presidente@Dec 29 2003, 11:10 PM
BMWL2, how well does that PA amp work? Ive heard they arent very good from some people and they are from others. Whats yours been like?
I like mine.. I always thought PA was junk the way people would talk about it and because it didnt have a prestigious name. It can take serious abuse and doesnt get hot. For the price of it ya cant beat it. It is an 1100w at 2ohms and can go to 1800 at 1ohm.

·
Registered
112 Posts
no no no ... i Suggest the Juggernaut!!! from MMATS>>
ABsolutely SICK
can out perform Kicker any day!!!

just take a look at the manufacturing site....

i sport a MMATS in my bimmer, sick!

http://www.mmatsproaudio.com/

HOT.... there Amps n Subs outperfom it all, everyone i know with these systems have one competitons hands down every time!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by WickedBimmer@Jan 29 2004, 11:44 AM
no no no ... i Suggest the Juggernaut!!! from MMATS>>
ABsolutely SICK
can out perform Kicker any day!!!

just take a look at the manufacturing site....

i sport a MMATS in my bimmer, sick!

http://www.mmatsproaudio.com/

HOT.... there Amps n Subs outperfom it all, everyone i know with these systems have one competitons hands down every time!
Yeah one of our installers is into MMATS, he has always been into them, but we have never thought about picking them up...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts