BMW Werkz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellaz. Just got a pair of eurosmoke side blinkers for my E46 325I Bimmer, have looked a little at the amber sidemarkers already on there, and didn't want to start prying at them until i was sure on how to properly remove them and install the new ones. Anyone know how this works ?
Thanx fellaz, - Shane

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
sidemarkers: just gently pry out with a flathead screwdriver. * you may want to use a credit card to start the prying, then use the flathead. The credit card prevents paint scratching. Once off, twist the bulb a quarter turn to take off, then quarter the other way to lock them. Pop the sidemarker in and you are done.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
you might wanna try placing a rag on that credit car or flat head that your gonna use to remove that marker with.. even a credit card can put a scratch in the paint doesnt take much all you really need it for is its flewibility to contour to the side of the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
S/B able to just get a firm grasp on the marker and slide it forward, that should release the tension spring. Try that first before using a screw driver. When I changed mine that's all it took.

·
Registered
434 Posts
You stick a screwdriver down into the hole from the top, push down on the tab, and slide out. If it's a later style, unscrew the phillips screw that is down that same hole, and slide out.

PRY?! :eek:uch

No wonder the things fall out onto the road. :confused

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did this installation recently...

I just used a flathead screwdriver and wrapped it in a 100% cotton t-shirt. The shirt was thin enough that it didn't create an obstruction for prying it free. After that you just kinda push it in and pry it open at the same time... trial and error, just don't use too much force or the side indicator will snap in half, haha.

http://www.bimmian.com has installation instruction VIDEOS if you click on "clear lens kit"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, I like the side markers that you have on the e46 325i and would like
to put them on my Tiburon, the pointed ones. But I need to know how big a hole
I can cut into my fender for them. If anybody can give me the dimensions, it would be much appreciated. :help

·
Registered
262 Posts
That depends on which ones you like, the pre 2002 are skinnier, and the post 2002 look more like an arrow.

Which do you prefer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by KillFox@Oct 4 2004, 08:41 PM
That depends on which ones you like, the pre 2002 are skinnier, and the post 2002 look more like an arrow.

Which do you prefer?
[snapback]204904[/snapback]​
The ones that are like an arrow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I have an older model BMW without sidemarkers and I love the clear sidemarkers for the 03-Up 330ci. I ordered a set and now I have to install them and I don't know how I should go about cutting the fenders because I need a pattern to cut for the hole. Could anyone who has these sidemarkers help me out by tracing the hole in the fenders of you car so I know just what pattern to cut for a good OEM fit? I'd really appreciate it. Just remove one of your sidemarkers and trace the pattern on a piece of paper and either scan and e-mail it or mail it. I'd me most appreciative.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Originally posted by couper@Jan 13 2004, 08:20 AM
I believe you can push the lens--towards the front --and then it should pop out of the fender
[snapback]74808[/snapback]​
yah this is all you have to do on the ones i have seen and/or done myself

·
Registered
3 Posts
If anybody is about to do this mod I would like to know the dimensions of the hole. I am sure it will be a rectangle but I don't want to cut into my fender yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts