BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, new member to the board. I have been in BMW sales in Madison Wisconsin for eight years, own a '98 M3 and a '04 330cic. Loking forward to helping out with questions. One for you all first. I have hit a roadblock finding any information on satelitte radio availability for a navagation equipped E46 330. Any answers out there? Thanks...BR

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
welcome aboard brian!! :welcome B)

from my understanding, the satellite radio for the nav equipped cars are fairly new. i'm not exactly sure if the info is available through the internet yet. however, i do know that if you go to the parts dept in the bmw dealer, they will be able to provide some info for you.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Originally posted by brianrobbins@Jan 27 2004, 06:59 PM
Hi folks, new member to the board. I have been in BMW sales in Madison Wisconsin for eight years, own a '98 M3 and a '04 330cic. Loking forward to helping out with questions. One for you all first. I have hit a roadblock finding any information on satelitte radio availability for a navagation equipped E46 330. Any answers out there? Thanks...BR
Trot on over to the service dept and inquire about the radio........ :p

Oh, welcome, btw. :wave

I'm not sure about the radio, or I'd tell you, even if you are a salesman. :nana

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have been in BMW sales in Madison Wisconsin for eight years, own a '98 M3 and a '04 330cic
...ok I need to submit my resume to my BMW dealer... :p

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
To possibly answer your question:

Most likely your car is sirius ready if it's an '03+. From one of the message boards I learned that you can (with the radio on) press and hold the "m" button for 20 seconds and up will come a serial number. Then press the "+" button and a software code will appear. IF the last two digits are 50 or higher than your car is sirius ready. That means that you can use the data cable and power cable in teh trunk (same one you would use for the cd player) and you've got a plug and play install. You just need to hook up the antenna. And by the way you can also connect the sirius tuner box to the bmw cd changer if you want (it shares the same prewire then back to the headunit).

E46 E39 E53

Sirius Receiver

Requires install kit - antenna - etc. List: $ 299.00
Sale: $ 239.95

Steps:

1) Fish out CD change cabling from left side trunk
2) Connect Sirius antenna to Sirius receiver
3) Connect Sirius to CD changer cabling in trunk (3 & 6 pin)
4) Swap head unit as required
5) Power on
6) Activate Sirius via Internet

Parts on the cheap:

OEM Sirius BMW receiver (discount via Circle BMW)
Terk antenna (cheaper than OEM BMW via Best Buy)
MY 2003 head unit

Info on BMW/Sirius joint venture:

http://66.246.14.172/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t...er=asc&start=15

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Zimbrick?

I used them to service my A4. One time I was test driving a new A4 while my car was in for service, and while I was out on the road, I spotted a tech nearly spinning my car our in the middle of three lanes of oncoming traffic. He was out joyriding in my car, burning up the brand new Blizzaks I had installed the week before.
Without a doubt, the least professional incident I have ever experienced in all my car ownership days. I wouldn't go there for service again if my life depended on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts