BMW Werkz banner

BMW Plans to Launch Crossover Van

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  MrM3 
#1 ·
Deutsche Presse-Agentur
Motor Trend

German carmaker BMW is aiming to launch its first van in the so-called "cross-over" segment sometime before 2008, according to company development executive Burkhard Goeschel.

He told the German weekly auto trade publication Automobilwoche that it would be a "dynamic-driving" vehicle with highly variable interior space. The type of model for the cross-over segment will be made in 2004.

BMW chairman Helmut Panke told the publication that BMW planned to invest at least $11.4 billion dollars in the development of new models by the year 2008.

#3 ·
It was bad enough Porsche making SUV, now a BMW van? Some things are just wrong. And no, I don't disapprove of the X5, it's would be my first choice of a winter driver if I were in a snow cliamate. ANd nothing against SUV's, I own one. But a Porsche SUV and a BMW Van? Next up, the McLaren F-150 4X4.

#4 ·
Originally posted by SoonerE39@Nov 21 2003, 04:26 AM
Next up, the McLaren F-150 4X4.
OMG, Don't give them any ideas. :idea2 You know, some people would buy something like that. :nope

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.