BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I put some Clear lights onto my 323ci, I bought the clear Taillights and clear front corners and side markers all from a BMW dealership parts inventory through a friend. But they were bought through a dealership. So these are OEM parts.

From what I hear that I have just voided my warranty by putting this on? Cause I plan on putting many more modifications on but I am totally unsure about this warranty garbage. :) Kinda making me nervous, so could someone let me know quickly so I can sleep easy lol :D

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by AssassinGT@Sep 8 2003, 10:48 PM
Hey, I put some Clear lights onto my 323ci, I bought the clear Taillights and clear front corners and side markers all from a BMW dealership parts inventory through a friend. But they were bought through a dealership. So these are OEM parts.

From what I hear that I have just voided my warranty by putting this on? Cause I plan on putting many more modifications on but I am totally unsure about this warranty garbage. :) Kinda making me nervous, so could someone let me know quickly so I can sleep easy lol :D
No your warranty isn't voided... In order for the warranty to be voided they have to prove that the problem was caused by an aftermarket part. They're just being anal. I highly doubt your clear corners will cause mechanical malfunctions in your E46 lol :lol:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phew lol Alright thanks man. Now I shall continue happily modding my car :D

·
Registered
244 Posts
That will not void warranty, lets say you put exhuast on your car and your motor goes they will deny the warranty for the motor, but lets say your rear diff. goes or something they will have to warranty it cause you didnt mod anything that will cause the damage, basicly your warranty will always be there for the life of the warranty, they will just deny work that the mod caused.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts