BMW Werkz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the front strut supports replaced in my 1983 BMW 528e..this was in Jan, 2003.
The drivers side control arm bushing is totally shot already--------the mechanic says it is not his fault..........I believe he either did it wrong or it was a faulty part.
Could anyone give me some feedback --I am a woman : unsure: (non mechanic) whom I believe just got screwed to trhe tune of $452.00 :eek:uch ....................HELP

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Normally, most places give a one year warranty on parts and labor. If the exact same part they replaced in Jan is busted now, I say they should replace it free of charge. If I was the victim, I would definitely KICK HELL! :guns Mechanics often take advantage of women, my wife has had several separate experiences already. At least she was smart to call me from the shop before she got conned!

I suggest you bring a man with you to the shop and demand for the job to be re-done. Check and read the fine print on your job receipt, see if it mentions anything about warranty. If it does, you might want to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts