BMW Werkz banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys! I myself, a newbie BMW owner from South Africa, am really enjoying the forum and very intuitive.
I am having a difficult time trying to find a service manual covering a BMW E46 2002 model Tiptronic petrol. The said manual on this particular discussion? Would it be appropriate for me to use and guide me with tiptronic issues I have.
Thanks Guys

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Just want to say thank you so much for the manual. Just what I needed.
Glad you found it helpful. If there's anything else you need, just let us know or post here ... even though we don't have too many active members left any more, the few of us that are roaming around do know quite a bit.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ever need a part number but couldn't, for the life of you figure it out?

HERE'S YOUR SOLUTION!!!!

RealOEM.com Online BMW Parts Catalog

Found what I needed within two minutes of opening the page and the illustrated parts breakdown helped a ton!

At very least this can be used as a good reference or maybe it can be of some good!
:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys!!!
I'm struggling to download the bentley manual, when i download and open it, it says there's an error and con't be replaced. Please halp i'm in need of the bently's as i'm in need of it as my windows and central lock not function, fuse,comfort relay, power cut button all in good condition. Pls pls

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey there. I am new user forum from Romania, driving a 316i coupe from 05.1994. Could anyone of you give me a link where I can download the TIS? (torrent maybe) I really need it and would appreciate your help. thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello

sorry i am new in here and i am from greece i download the servise manual and aked me a pass not for downloading next inside the pdf can you tell me which is ???? thanks a lot

·
Registered
5 Posts
New owner saying "THANKS"

New owner of a 1994 BMW 325i and I just yesterday purchased the dvd on ebay for $18 and just found this service manual here. Shame on me for not looking here first.

thank you for the work and giving us newbies a place to sort our our mess.

Much Respect,

chad
Greensburg, Indiana

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm putting in a new Pioneer unit and need the E36 bmw radio manual or diagram to reference. A diagram is in the Bentley Manual in the 650-6 section, but have a few questions :
- Pins 1 is speaker front left positive, 6 and 8 the front speaker, negative I would assume, but 6 and 8 are the same... left front speaker, and front speaker left... which one should I use?
- Looking for the ignition pin (12V DC) and the pin for the battery, I'm guessing pin 9 is battery and pin 5 is for the ignition but could someone help with that information, don't want to screw anything up... does the E36 radio manual have a better diagram that could help?

·
Registered
4 Posts
cool stuff-- to bad the manual was to new to incorporate the codes for the 96 and newer. I just ordered the check engine scan tool from Amazon for about 20$us, I already had the light reset once for a gas cap pressure problem, happens periodically after fill-up--I will now be able to reset it myself... Also in the process of ordering the srs airbag reset tool--I have a bad passenger side seat belt lock--once reset, if a passenger laches the belt it puts the light on again. (40$us)

·
Registered
1 Posts
How does this Service Manual hold for the E36 316i COMPACT (year 2000)?

The compact (exterior) looks like the earlier years, it was one of the last before the redesign of the E46 compact

·
Registered
1 Posts
Should have checked here first!

Man I just spend $20 on this pdf version of the e36 bentley service manual and I am a little annoyed I found it here for free LOL... Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks

I am at the end of BMW ownership. I feel this car is way over engineered and will not buy another. With 18 years of service but only 126,000 miles, it's done. I would not want to pay 70.00 for a manual to work on this car. It would go to the wrecking yard. So I thank you from the bottom of my heart, you may have given me a few more months of service out of my vehicle with this manual.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am at the end of BMW ownership. I feel this car is way over engineered and will not buy another. With 18 years of service but only 126,000 miles, it's done. I would not want to pay 70.00 for a manual to work on this car. It would go to the wrecking yard. So I thank you from the bottom of my heart, you may have given me a few more months of service out of my vehicle with this manual.
My son's 325 was great when he bought it used, but then things started to fall apart. The headliner started to come apart, interior door panels came apart. The trim fell apart. I have worked on keeping this car running. the last project was replacing the front arm bushings and ball joint assembly. The manual was very helpful and again many thanks. Unfortunately, I feel this car's days are numbered. Still think it is a great looking car, but then what do i know? That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :)

George

·
Registered
8 Posts
Me too!

Mine was a great car also. Reliable, daily driver. The headliner came apart. Door handle broke, door panels, mirror, replacement door handle broke, water pump, fan, Gremlins in the electrical, 300.00 for a battery? 32.00 for a fuel filter? 3,000.00 in repairs in the last 6 months....... I was hoping to get a few more years out of it. I think there is something wrong with the fuel system. I have got no power to the fuse that controls the fuel pump.

·
4DoorWhore
2,208 Posts
The door panels and latches are known to break over time. Its a common fault, but easily fixable. The cooling system is a known issue with the E36 and once replaced with upgraded aftermarket parts lasts for years.

Check the wiring loom going into the trunk. Its prone to fraying over time causing shorts and electrical issues.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts