BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new 1 series is coming in 2004 ..... It's still in concept but will be here soon
It's a cute car, it's BMW's way of making the BMW affordable for everyone ... I have mixed feeling about it. It wouldn't make sense for BMW to make a low end BMW that's on a Honda Civic level, (not disrespect to Honda Civic) but I new put the BMW & Honda Civic in the same catagory...

excert from BMW CS1 Concept Car

At the heart of the CS1 is BMW's four cylinder, 1.8 litre petrol engine, built at Hams Hall in the West Midlands. It develops 115 bhp and 129 lb ft of torque. Like all BMWs, the CS1 has its engine mounted longitudinally, driving the rear wheels. Large, 18 inch wheels are shod with 215/45 tyres at the front and 235/45 tyres at the rear. Racing brakes have six-piston callipers at the front and four at the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
thatr cs1 looks pretty good, but i hope bmw never brings a 1 series to the US. if they need a smaller/cheaper car then they should bring back the 3er compact

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Yes well what you have to remember is that this still is a BMW and never will be catagorized with a honda. You people keep looking at the engine and saying on bla bla bla honda. This will never be a honda for a few reasons. 1 RWD. no chance of hondadization here. 2. It will still use BMW style suspension, the bent half A frame type not a wishbone. It comes with huge handling wheels as well. Im tellin you it may be seen a lot more around town. but it will never be catagorized with a honda.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts