BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I was thinking, after my e36 318 Auto > 325i Auto swap is finished i want to buy a Z4 and swap in a 335d engine. But does this fit right away or will it needed to fabricate custom enginemounts..?

I know that i need to change the fuel tank and other stuff and the complete wiring loom..

Does the 335d/535d engine mounts directly to the Z4's engine mounts? Because i've read somewhere that they use the same engines..?

Thanks,
And no, i aint a MPG freak, i only want to do something what nobody done before, and please.. 740nm torque is not nothing:rule

Kaantjee__//325i

(excuse me for my -not so good- English, im Dutch)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys,

I was thinking, after my e36 318 Auto > 325i Auto swap is finished i want to buy a Z4 and swap in a 335d engine. But does this fit right away or will it needed to fabricate custom enginemounts..?

I know that i need to change the fuel tank and other stuff and the complete wiring loom..

Does the 335d/535d engine mounts directly to the Z4's engine mounts? Because i've read somewhere that they use the same engines..?

Thanks,
And no, i aint a MPG freak, i only want to do something what nobody done before, and please.. 740nm torque is not nothing:rule

Kaantjee__//325i

(excuse me for my -not so good- English, im Dutch)
I'm also looking for answers to this.

Based on my research and thoughts, the E85 Z4 is based on the E46 3-series. I think the only option would be the 330d's single-turbo I6 diesel or 320d I4 diesel.

·
Captain... Savvy ?
2,194 Posts
The chassis is quite similar and I would expect BMW to have created the mount positions on all its models so, as there are larger engined versions of both cars, I would say it should be a piece-of-piss to do !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts