BMW Werkz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi to all users and to everyone who likes the e30
i installed turbo on my e30 a with jetronic system but i had some problem the car after 4000 rpm cuts off and some explosions from the exhaust , i changed to motronic system i made a test drive with metronic but i felt the car is not power as the jetroni so pls can any one help me
1- why on jetronic system the car cuts off after 4000 rps and i installed bigger injectors and frp
2- which is better for turbo jetronic or metronnic
thks all for u help i really appreciate that

· Registered
1,493 Posts
Considering your engine engine and electrical problems are in good order, explosions(backfiring) is ALWAYS an indication of wrong air-to-fuel ratio. The cut-off at 4000rpm to my mind is simply fuel starvation at higher rpm's. Imagine a swoosh of extra air from the turbo where there is just too much air compared to gas injection. Engine will burble out.

In practice, simply putting a turbo on top of an engine WILL NOT WORK unless mods are made to the compression ratio etc.... If I remember correctly there are several topics regarding turbo modifications in this forum if you will take the time to research.

Additionally, you cannot exchange Jetronic & Motronic parts where it is no cross reference specified. They are completely different systems and the sensors which act as inputs to the processor have different parameters & specs.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.