BMW Werkz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had this setup installed yesterday and it works great (although it was a nightmare for the installer due to the complexity of the BMW wiring harness he had to tap into for the front speakers).
Pics of Bluetooth handsfree setup

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
shit how much was that? you think they will retrofit my hunk o junk?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a pic of it installed. This is all of it that you see, the rest is hidden.

**EDIT** I guess someone decided I couldn't use my pictures of the install here because they were linked to somewhere else on this site? Too bad, I had a lot of e mails inquiing about the setup and pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Very nice! i've been wanting something like this myself for a long time now - but i have a few questions, if you dont mind...

A) When its on, do you have to turn the stereo off .. or will it play along with the music - or what, how does that work?

B) Hows the quality of it? does it make the speakers crackle and all that?

C) Is the volume adjustable?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Absolutely Gorgeous! How much did it cost? Does BMW offer a Bluetooth system that's from the factory? If so, do they give you a V60 phone and you just go to the you're cellphone carrier and they activate it for you? Anyway's, the Bluetooth is great! I'm looking for a cell phone and I'm thinking of getting a Bluetooth enabled one do you know of any?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BMW does make a bluetooth retro-fit kit for 2001 and newer. I did extensive research on this and could not find any evidence of plans to make retrofit kits for pre-2001 models. As for this kit, it wires into the factory speakers and muste switch in the factory stereo so you never have to touch the stereo to make a call. Outgoing calls, stereo automatically mutes, incoming calls, stereo automatically mutes. End call, stereo comes back on. Cost is about $150 plus installation and of course you need a bluetooth compatable phone. In theory, any bluetooth phone should work. But my research discovered that the Sony Ericcson P800 does not work with it, although other SE products do.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't tried to adjust the volume but from what I understand, it can be adjusted only with your phone handset, not with the stereo itself. Sound quality is good, not superb but good.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Im ordering one right now... my phone has Bluetooth technology, n thats just what im looking for!!!!
thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
HELP!!! Will the Parrot CK3000 work in a '92 325i? I've been told by the local BMW dealer and one audio installer that the Parrot won't work in the older 3 series BMWs. Anyone know the answer?

:idea2

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by GuysBMW@Mar 29 2004, 07:29 PM
HELP!!! Will the Parrot CK3000 work in a '92 325i? I've been told by the local BMW dealer and one audio installer that the Parrot won't work in the older 3 series BMWs. Anyone know the answer?

:idea2
You might want to contact parrott directly on that. i don't see any reason it wouldn't work, it would just be difficult to wire, like it was on mine. If your radio has a mute connection on the back (and it should since the BMW phone was available at that time) it just wires into the mute connection, the front door speakers, and a power source.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The range on bluetooth is 3 yards or 30 feet. So you can be walking around your car and talking through speakerphone if they can still hear you. :D Sony Ericsson, Nokia and Motorola makes bluetooth headsets as well as bluetooth car speaker kits.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts