BMW Werkz banner

blower motor acting up

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  darkhorse737 
#1 ·
just had my a/c blower stop blowing air for no reason and then came back on about a minute later. anyone experiance this problem before and what could be the cause? the digital a/c monitor was still working fine just the blower stopped working.

#2 ·
It's called many things, but Blower Motor Resistor should be your best shot. I got mine from autopartswarehouse.com for around $75. It's a pain in the ass to replace but worth the savings. Your glove box needs to be removed, disconnect air duct, pry linkage arm from servo motor, remove five-pronged connector, and remove two torx screws and clip. When I found out a girl did it, there's was no turning back : )
Good luck.

#3 ·
if it happened only one time... let it ride. shut everything off. And let us hope it was just a computer glitch. If it dsnt re-occur... don't worry about it;)

Check also how it operates at different blower speeds. does it cut -out only at a specific level?.. or maybe all levels? :)

if it does happen again, then observe the operation of the blower. i.e. does it sound normal? or does it drag? what about if the system is in defrost or HEAT...? does it do the same thing?

answers to these questions as best you can will help pinpoint your prob.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.