BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I need to respray my car as its dull and the paint is all faded ect i also need 4 doors and a bonnet.....

Would you buy 4 doors and a bonnet in black and spray the rest of the car or just find it all in red and keep it that way???

I can find 4 doors and a bonnet for £85 in very good condition and good paint work and i also know a sprayer who is willing to do it for £180....

Any advice is decent cheers :)

Oh yeah i have an E36 318i 95...

·
Registered
570 Posts
Why do you need new doors and a hood? Did the car get crashed? I think paint generally looks better if you keep it the same color.

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Even if you find the correct colour doors it will need a respray all over to match it up, also its best to get what colour you have now and that will save you having to spray inside the door jambs and under the bonnet.....paint fades without you noticing it, if you get a car that's had most of its life with one side facing the sun all day everyday it will be a different shade to the other side.....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the car very cheap cus the person who had it last got into a gith with his mrs and she decided to grab a heal and ruin the paint work and put alot of dents into it....

This is the reason i said about spraying it black as the car im looking at still has very good doors and bonnet and the colour has not faded at all...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts