BMW Werkz banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
doesn't black leather absolutely suck in the summer? i got into my car yesterday after work, it was sunny and in the upper 80's (yay, nice weather finally!) and my car was a sauna, and my black steering wheel was burning up. i only have gray cloth seats but my ass was burning through my pants. it was insane, and isn't black leather even worse? i guess that's why people have tints
 
G

·
Originally posted by donutchow@Jun 24 2003, 08:34 AM
doesn't black leather absolutely suck in the summer? i got into my car yesterday after work, it was sunny and in the upper 80's (yay, nice weather finally!) and my car was a sauna, and my black steering wheel was burning up. i only have gray cloth seats but my ass was burning through my pants. it was insane, and isn't black leather even worse? i guess that's why people have tints
i was going to get black with red interior (or black interior) but i decided to go with grey...i also got my windows tinted...my brother however has black on black with no tint, and he said it isnt bad all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,146 Posts
i dont have any problems with my black leather here in the desert. my steering wheel gets hotter than the leather seats, only because the steering wheel is closer to the windshield. i'm sure the tints helps out alot.
 
G

·
Originally posted by Ski@Jun 24 2003, 03:31 PM
Any leather is going to be hot but I don't have too much a problem w/ mine but my wife does!! lol..
:werd: my mom drive my bros 330 the one day and she was bitchin like crazy....he really wanted natural brown but planeteers knew the story about his car buying...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
about 25 years ago we had an old toyota corolla with black vinyl seats, i DREADED sitting in that car!!!! no a/c either.

i do like dark colored dashboards because there is less glare on the windshield. i got gray interior now, but it gets dirty fast. :driving
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+Jun 25 2003, 06:29 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ Jun 25 2003, 06:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ski@Jun 24 2003, 03:31 PM
Any leather is going to be hot but I don't have too much a problem w/ mine but my wife does!! lol..
:werd: my mom drive my bros 330 the one day and she was bitchin like crazy....he really wanted natural brown but planeteers knew the story about his car buying... [/b][/quote]
is natural brown a good looking color? i never see that color interior. and i don't konw that story
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by donutchow+Jun 25 2003, 10:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donutchow @ Jun 25 2003, 10:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 25 2003, 06:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ski
@Jun 24 2003, 03:31 PM
Any leather is going to be hot but I don't have too much a problem w/ mine but my wife does!! lol..

:werd: my mom drive my bros 330 the one day and she was bitchin like crazy....he really wanted natural brown but planeteers knew the story about his car buying...
is natural brown a good looking color? i never see that color interior. and i don't konw that story [/b][/quote]
natural brown is awesome, its like a 2-tone interior with dark tan and black, and looks awesome with titanium trim. i think bmw also does the 2tone thing with the red interior.
 
G

·
Originally posted by donutchow+Jun 25 2003, 01:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donutchow @ Jun 25 2003, 01:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 25 2003, 06:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ski
@Jun 24 2003, 03:31 PM
Any leather is going to be hot but I don't have too much a problem w/ mine but my wife does!! lol..

:werd: my mom drive my bros 330 the one day and she was bitchin like crazy....he really wanted natural brown but planeteers knew the story about his car buying...
is natural brown a good looking color? i never see that color interior. and i don't konw that story [/b][/quote]
natural brown, when i saw the car he ordered, wasnt as brown as i thought it would be, it was darker then the tan, it was interesting, but very nice. I dont know if you were there long enough, or maybe you didnt read the E46 category.....daniels was trying to rip my bro off on the 2003 that he ordered (premium, step, heated seats, xenons) so we went to thompson and found a 2002 with EVERYTHING, including the 18"s except the navigation for $60 less a month, it was the LAST month of 2002's to be produced (8/02 production) were as his 2003 was a 9/02...the 2003 was $663 a month, when only $600 was talked about when he ordered the car. Daniels eventually came down to $600 but my dad said screw them, went to thompson and bought the much more pimp car, which is $600, and thompson includes ALOT more things
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top