BMW Werkz banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone wipe this stuff off when you see it? i get bird poo a few times a week, i guess my car is a prime target since it's so nice. but i don't get how they can aim that well considering my outstanding acceleration. i found if i don't wipe it off for a month, and wash my car, it still comes off with ease. but is that bad for the paint? i don't want to touch bird shit 3 times a week.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Originally posted by donutchow@Jun 23 2003, 02:00 PM
does anyone wipe this stuff off when you see it? i get bird poo a few times a week, i guess my car is a prime target since it's so nice. but i don't get how they can aim that well considering my outstanding acceleration. i found if i don't wipe it off for a month, and wash my car, it still comes off with ease. but is that bad for the paint? i don't want to touch bird shit 3 times a week.
Donut..do I have to pull a 'martha stewart' answer on you again?? Sheeesh.. :banghead :lol:

G

·
Originally posted by AZ325Ci@Jun 23 2003, 09:58 PM
I always carry a 2 liter bottle of seltzer water and paper towels in the trunk of the car. Whenever I get bird droppings on the car, I immediately get out the seltzer water and flood the stain. It bubbles up the droppings right away and then you can gently wipe away the dropping. On any car, if you don't get the droppings up as soon as possible, you can permanently damage your paint. I learned about this in 1996 when a goose let loose on the hood of my new black truck and a gas station attendant came out with a bottle of seltzer. I have been sharing this gem ever since. Make sure you get seltzer, not club soda as this will often contain sodium.
:thumbs thanks for the tip!

G

·
Originally posted by donutchow@Jun 24 2003, 08:23 AM
seltzer water, i'm gonna go buy some, my paint job has to stay in immaculate condition :wub:
:lol: :lol: :lol: just cause it loooks nice after wax doesnt mean you have a nice paint job! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Meguiars quick detailer works too...

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+Jun 24 2003, 07:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ Jun 24 2003, 07:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-donutchow@Jun 24 2003, 08:23 AM
seltzer water, i'm gonna go buy some, my paint job has to stay in immaculate condition :wub:
:lol: :lol: :lol: just cause it loooks nice after wax doesnt mean you have a nice paint job! :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
it's shocking how unbelievably jealous you are of my car, and it's sexy paint job. oh, and of the driver :yup

G

·
Originally posted by donutchow+Jun 24 2003, 11:47 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donutchow @ Jun 24 2003, 11:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 24 2003, 07:24 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-donutchow
@Jun 24 2003, 08:23 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: just cause it loooks nice after wax doesnt mean you have a nice paint job! :lol: :lol: :lol:
it's shocking how unbelievably jealous you are of my car, and it's sexy paint job. oh, and of the driver :yup [/b][/quote]
:huh: yea...lets trade cars! :wub:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Did someone delete my reply.... I could have sworn I did.....

Anyways I was just joking

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Originally posted by RedTape@Jun 26 2003, 09:23 PM

no, they didn't delete it. I DID!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :joking: i don't have mod capabilities here

they moved my post to the faq section and your reply is in there. ;)

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by AZ325Ci+Jun 27 2003, 01:03 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AZ325Ci @ Jun 27 2003, 01:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RedTape@Jun 26 2003, 09:23 PM

no, they didn't delete it. I DID!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :joking: i don't have mod capabilities here

they moved my post to the faq section and your reply is in there. ;) [/b][/quote]
Yeah, the Mods don't delete posts. It goes against what they believe as far as forum freedom is concerned. :thumbs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts