BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From my avatar and sig, it's obvious that I'm into bikes. A big part of motorcycling is the comradery. Anytime a biker sees another biker, we wave at one another (ok, except for those Harley guys :guns :p ) . We basically look out for one another as there is an unwritten code.

Anyways, I've kind of noticed the same thing with BMW owners. I've had a BMW for only 3 months now and I've noticed on more than one occasion that when merging, other Bimmer owners have made way for me and followed up with a friendly wave :wave . I also had a guy hold a parking spot for me, and as he pulled out, he nodded and smiled :D . Freakin cool man :rock ...

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
ya i see many bmws letting other bmws and stuff. but the wave thing isnt a big here. theres tooo many bimmers here in maryland to wave at.

but i find that whenever i drive our M roadster, I get waves from other Z3/Z3M ppl

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
ya iv never experianced it in my BMW cause well no offense but new BMW owners ( not all though) dont reconize a great classic like my car...damn we need a sarcasm smlie... ( too stuck up) but in my dads jeep iv noticed jeep wranglers have a smiliar thing

·
Registered
497 Posts
Heyyyy, nobody holds parking spaces for me and my crew cab F250 4X4.

... they just let me have 'em < I'm bigger > :wiggle LOL

I know what you mean about the bike comradery, I always liked that. Damn Harley guys never were very friendly.

·
Registered
157 Posts
From what I've seen:

*Harley people wave to other Harley owners if they are from the same demographic. For instance, I've never seen a Harley guy with a new V-Rod being waved to by a guy who has been a "long" time owner.

*Z3 owners seem to acknowledge each other. Other BMW owners don't, such as those with newer 3er, and 5ers the most prevelant BMW's. I guess this is due to people owning the car and not knowing it's heritage, they might as well be driving a Toyota. This is partly BMW's fault for making cars for EVERYBODY.

*Wrangler owners acknowledge one another. I've was in my friend's Jeep with him when he first got it. Another Wrangler owner waved, and my friend who didn't know said "ever since I bought this, other Jeep people wave to me." I explained to him what was up and said "Oh, 'cause this guy I see alot on my way to work waves to me and I thought he was gay."

*Miata owners wave to each other, either with their hand, or by flipping up their headlights.

*Sport bike riders canyon carving wave to each other when they are going in opposite directions.

·
Premium Member
9,482 Posts
M's and z owners defintely d, sometimes 2 adn 5, but hardly ever get a wave from a 7

i once waved at a 7, he looked at me funny and just sped up...wat a dueshcebag

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There isn't definitely the same amount of comradery as with the bikes but I think :confused it's definitely there with some Bimmer owners. Ok, maybe it's just us polite CDN's :wave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts