BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any huge differences between the 2001 and the current 2004? did any huge improvements come about? I want to get a 2001, but if there is a huge improvement made then I'll go with a more recent model. Thanks for any info you guys can give.

-Cody Walker

·
Registered
142 Posts
No major differences between any of these years, mostly just little stuff here and there, different options, accessories, etc. I'm not sure which model your looking at, so here's a comprehensive list -

For 2002 -

*Sedans and wagons get a facelift - different front and rear bumpers, front and rear lamps, and different wheels depending on the package and model
*In-dash CD player becomes a standard feature
*The center stack has been altered to accommodate the new automatic climate controls
*Steptronic automanual operation has been altered so that you move the transmission lever forward for downshifts and backward for upshifts
*Bi-xenon headlamps are on the options list - both low and high beams can glow a cold blue and can be set to automatic operation
*Rear side airbags are available for coupes and convertibles
*Two new colors are available - Electric Red and Gray Green (and a Natural Brown interior leather)

For 2003 -

*DVD-based navigation system - meaning that you won't have to give up an in-dash CD player if you opt for the nav system
*Standard front armrest for all 325 models
*Rear center headrest for all sedans and wagons
*All wagons come with a moonroof
*Premium Package for all 325s now include automatic headlights and rain-sensing wipers
*Sport Package for the 330xi includes double-spoke alloy wheels and run-flat tires
*A new 'Performance Package' available for 330i models (includes new camshafts and altered engine-management programming yielding ten more horsepower - up to 235, shorter final drive ratio, 18 inch wheels, 6 speed manual, short-throw shifter, cloth and alcantara sport seats, alcantara sport steering wheel, redline increased 300 RPM's, re-tuned suspension that sits 0.6 inches lower, aerodynamics package, new exhaust - a few other minor items)

For 2004 -

Performance Package mentioned above available on 330ci and 330cic (convertible)

I've also read/heard that starting in 2002 - 1) the steering was tightened up a bit, and 2) the Harmon Kardon stereo upgrade was enhanced for better sound. Don't know the validity of these however.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by jefft325i@Feb 1 2004, 01:31 PM

I've also read/heard that starting in 2002 - 1) the steering was tightened up a bit, and 2) the Harmon Kardon stereo upgrade was enhanced for better sound. Don't know the validity of these however.
the 2001 steering was too light according to alot of people, but 99 and 2000's were alright. Then bmw tightened it up again in 2002. Also in 2004 the coupes/cabrios got a facelift which included LED tail lights, different front and rear bumpers, new headlights, and new side markers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts