BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Just joined this. Im looking for the best possible n/a 2.5L build for a race engine. Cant decide if i should go with the m50/tu or m52/tu. Looking for a sustainable high revving engine (anywhere above 7k is good though). Any advice is extremely welcome. Im hoping to put it in a completely custom built frame for a track toy. Thanks again.

Spence

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
Go with the M50. It is OBDI and thus easier to mess with the software. I hear that the non-vanos has certain advantages as far as getting more performance out of it goes. I don't know if the stock internals can sustain 7k rpm for extended time -- that is above the stock redline.

Good luck!

Oh, and welcome to werkz :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah thanks a lot! Hadn't even considered that the m52 is OBDII. I've been looking for cams for the engine and almost all of them seem to be for the 2.8... The only schrick cam i could find for the m50b25 was a 256/244 Degree. I dont have any idea how much of a difference that is from stock, but im looking for something even higher. Any advice?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.