BMW Werkz banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you so much

I have been looking for something just like this and thankfully found this web-site recently. You have done everyone on this site an incredible service by putting this out there. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

New to the forum and I'll let my first post be a thank you. Thanks for the link to the manual (I had been trying to locate it on my own), but most of all thank you for hosting the forum itself.

Will try to become active in posting as time permits.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i need serioue help with my 2000 540i bmw< but cant find any one who owns one or has any info on these< everyone owns 3 ser, or the 5 ser, but no 540ser whats up do i own problems

·
Registered
16 Posts
hey torque

hey im new to this site and new to bmw to . just bought a 535i 91 2 weeks ago and now has i was progressivly working on the body , his week the car started to overheat , i cheked 3 things, i know there's a leak somewhere that only leaks when it oveheats, it takes about 10-15 min to heat up , there his pressure in the system but it gets boilling as i thinnk it doesen't go in the radiator or something cause the top hose fi the radiatr gets hot and the one on the right dow the radiator always stays cold . i need some help on how to determin what to look after and wat in order to look for , i mean ; radiator, water pump, termostat >? thanks :conf

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Either air in the system or a clogged up radiator (the second is highly unlikely), but I guess you can just undo both the hoses and run a water hose through it to see if you're getting flow.

Honestly I'm suspecting air in the system ... these cars are notorious for that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
BMW 518i E34 M43 Werkstatthandbuch

Hello
I'm in Sierra Leone and my wife bought BMW 518i and I have to (or my mechanic's in the workshop) repair the car ...
I was thinking that a workshop manual would be very useful if it is possible in English ...
The BMW is a 518i with M43 engine, built in 12/1994, saloon, manual 5gear transmission
It's not like I have not searched the net but I just do not find the correct manual or I'm just too stupid
I can only find manuals for the 518i with the M40 engine (I guess this is all just the same just a different engine and not totally useless ...) The 2nd. Manual I've found was for the American market for the 5 Series 525i or higher with 6 cylinders and useless for my needs, or not?
Do I have to get another manuel where the M43 engine is inside and then merge the two manuals?
As I told you, Iam in Africa and therefore it is a little difficult to go to the bookstore and buy the manual or to order one on ebay / Amazon... So really, I would highly appreciate a free download link, as I have no credit card or paypal or anything like that.
For your help I would be very grateful
Greetings Dieter

21 - 40 of 43 Posts