BMW Werkz banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cousin has a 96 m3 with full exhaust CAI and a chip and a 350 pulled up reved and you know the rest blah blah 13 seconds later we won, and the guy in the 350 was pist!!! cant wait till i get my m3!

David

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
You know, here's a quick little tip: It's the details that make a story worth reading, or even entertaining for more than a few moments. Ask any liar.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
i raise the bs flag here...Mkit raced one and his car had euro hfm, cams, injectors, chip, headers, track pipe, and exhaust, intake and he barely pulled on a 350z from a 60 roll...i doubt that your cousins 96 m3 with a chip, intake, exhaust could beat a 350z

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
i seriously think a stock E36 M3 could take a 350Z. (if they are equal in weight, which I do not know the answer to). stock/stock, both are putting around 220-230hp to the wheels. i think AEM had the 350Z dyno at 224.xx whp.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
nice kill, i believe because i've beat a 350 Z as well

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
nice kill dude. i can believe it, it may have not been by much but whats that saying????
"it doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile,, winning is winning"

·
Registered
315 Posts
I believe it, as I've been my mechanic beat one with his 740i with 20" rims and a passenger!! 350zs are kinda slow...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
m3 has more torque and its at a lower rpm and it has a wider torque plateau. This is all what matters off the start.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Fruityone@Dec 16 2003, 02:42 PM
i raise the bs flag here...Mkit raced one and his car had euro hfm, cams, injectors, chip, headers, track pipe, and exhaust, intake and he barely pulled on a 350z from a 60 roll...i doubt that your cousins 96 m3 with a chip, intake, exhaust could beat a 350z
Man you have a lot of posts and seem like you know lots about bmw but man thats it, 350z's are n ot slow by all means but the m3 can beat them, and can be way faster, and vice versa, also my cousin is a great driver, and im not sure about the 350 driver but he was on our ass the whole time, couldnt see his headlights the whole race! won by about .75 of car so yeah it is possible, and dont call me a liar!

David

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice Kill :thumbs
Totally a believable story.. '96 M3 0-60 5.4seconds, newer(2000?) 350z 5.5seconds. Plus, your full exhaust and chip, blah blah, he's a better driver.
Musta been fun spakin' one of those damn udo's, heheh

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh it was a great feeling and i wasnt even driving haha but i will be in the driver seat of one of those babies in a few years! and man im stoked! Yeah the 350 was a pretty good loser though, he pulled over and flagged us down and complimented our car, or my cousins car so yeah that was cool his 350 wasnt that bad either! just cant match the m3! but hey what can!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I guess I could believe it seeing that the driver of the 350Z was a putz and it was an auto.. Those cars are anything but slow, and it would take a good modded E36 M3 to take one down by that means.. Maybe it was just one of those lucky runs....

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
you know what i can never figure out... seeing a 60 year old lady behind the wheel of a lexus is300 or something like that... and then driving 30 on a 55 mph speed limit.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I was going to post whore the sh!t out of this thread but i'm not getting into it...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts