BMW Werkz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Thanksgiving, I know what a turkey feels like now. My wife's 2006 325i would not start today. The door locks work as does the remote trunk release? The car still would not start. Could the battery be dead? and still have enough charge to operate the door locks and trunk latch release? or could it be something else? TIA Jim D.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, no sounds, nothing. I tried to jump start, nothing. I have done the unthinkable, just had it towed to the dealership. What made me do this was the nightmare I had 4 months ago with the airbag light,(that's a whole long story) To be honest I have 70,000 plus on the clock and have not had to do anything to the car (driver side turn signal lamp, oil changes) I can wrench on my own cars when I have the time however, I did not want to pull the battery without a 9v battery pluged into the cig lighter 12v sockett. I'm hoping it's just the battery but it may be the ignition switch. If the dealer hoses me good, the 2010 335d will not be purchased there. LOL jim D.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update, It's the starter. Parts, labor, and tow to the dealership, $800+ Good thing I get my BMWCCA 10 percent discount, HO, HO, HO. (that's not for the Holidays, that's short for Hosed, Hosed, Hosed. Jim D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts