BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbs Whats up bimmer people!

Just yesterday I went on a road trip and found that my batterey died on me.

At first my batterey indicator turned on, then all the electricity slowly started to die on me while I was driving, my radio was turning off then on, gauge lights started dimming as well as my front lights. When I came to a complete stop... the car just turned off on me. I tried to jump it but it only stayed on momentarily, then died as soon as I turn on my headlights. I spoke with a couple different people and they told me it could be either my alternator or my batterey. So what i plan on doing is changing both since my batterey is fairly old.

Is it a easy task to change the alternator myself??? If so could anyone explain how so? Or maybe a site that shows step by step... i havent had luck finding one. I know that changing the batterey is fairly simple. Any tips gentlemen?

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Welcome aboard J_izzle!! B) To start, what is your ride..yr, make..??

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
yes your alternator hath gone bad. an alternator is held on by a bracket on the engine. just loosen the bracket and it comes off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is my first car and I had it for 3 years now....

94 318is :rock

Modes so far include.... K&N intake, style 44 17" wheels off a 02' 325, Eibach springs, clear corners, clear sides, and 5 series style tail lights. Oh yeah and cant forget the front euro plate!

Next car I plan on getting a M3 (cant wait).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts