BMW Werkz banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an interesting commentary on the value of Chris Bangle's political capital at BMW

Highlights for the article:

In truth, it's a pretty negative interview. Panke seems to be a former McKinsey consultant

Actually, Panke doesn't give Bangle much of a vote of confidence in the interview. As far as I can see, Bangle's name isn't even mentioned in the published version ...

Click here to read the full article

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
i really like the bangle quote i read a week ago in a magazine, he said "if you're going to be pushing a car company forward, you're going to leave many fans behind"

or something like that, you get the point. i thought it was an interesting way to look at it.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i think i'm commin down with some banglephobia :wacko: i like the fact that he's confident, but maybe he's too confident :huh:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by donutchow@Jun 20 2003, 08:42 PM
i really like the bangle quote i read a week ago in a magazine, he said "if you're going to be pushing a car company forward, you're going to leave many fans behind"

or something like that, you get the point. i thought it was an interesting way to look at it.
Didn't Bono say that when they came out with Zootopia?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Originally posted by woobiee@Jun 20 2003, 12:12 PM
did i read that BMW Q1 sales for 2003 fell 19.7%! thats a huge chunk!
maybe they'll fall enough that they'll drop the prices on cars, offer $4000 back and give 0% financing like american cars do. then i can afford my 3 series :rock

G

·
they'll never do that...to tell ya the truth guys....the new 7 is sellin around here like freakin crazy....today when i got back from my tournament, i counted 4 new 7's in the main parking lot (which isnt that big)....

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by woobiee@Jun 20 2003, 01:33 PM
its rare to see bangle mobiles around here...maybe i see 1 or 2 new 7s once a week.
same here, ive only seen one so far where i live

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
jeez, i see them all the time, usually with the 19's. i LOVE those rims too. it's very popular.

G

·
Originally posted by donutchow@Jun 20 2003, 09:45 PM
jeez, i see them all the time, usually with the 19's. i LOVE those rims too. it's very popular.
the owner of Daniels BMW drives a new 745i with Sport Package...its pretty low with WIDE ass rims! :wub:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+Jun 20 2003, 07:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ Jun 20 2003, 07:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-donutchow@Jun 20 2003, 09:45 PM
the owner of Daniels BMW drives a new 745i with Sport Package...its pretty low with WIDE ass rims! :wub: [/b][/quote]
what's the sport package? i'm not sure if i've seen those rims.

G

·
Originally posted by donutchow+Jun 20 2003, 10:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donutchow @ Jun 20 2003, 10:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2003, 07:54 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-donutchow
@Jun 20 2003, 09:45 PM
jeez,  i see them all the time, usually with the 19's. i LOVE those rims too. it's very popular.

the owner of Daniels BMW drives a new 745i with Sport Package...its pretty low with WIDE ass rims! :wub:
what's the sport package? i'm not sure if i've seen those rims. [/b][/quote]
the sport package is brand spankin new!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@Jun 21 2003, 07:33 AM
yup, it is VERY low and very sexy...!
getting off to the 7 series is unacceptable. an M5 is ok, or an 8 series, but not the 7 series. even if they do have 20 way power seats that move in like 7 dimensions :wub:

G

·
Originally posted by donutchow+Jun 21 2003, 11:37 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donutchow @ Jun 21 2003, 11:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SpeedsterBMW@Jun 21 2003, 07:33 AM
getting off to the 7 series is unacceptable. an M5 is ok, or an 8 series, but not the 7 series. even if they do have 20 way power seats that move in like 7 dimensions :wub: [/b][/quote]
it just looks soooo sleek in jet black, honestly, with those rims, nice and low...ist beautiful :wub:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+Jun 21 2003, 09:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ Jun 21 2003, 09:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2003, 11:37 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-SpeedsterBMW
@Jun 21 2003, 07:33 AM

getting off to the 7 series is unacceptable. an M5 is ok, or an 8 series, but not the 7 series. even if they do have 20 way power seats that move in like 7 dimensions :wub:
it just looks soooo sleek in jet black, honestly, with those rims, nice and low...ist beautiful :wub: [/b][/quote]
maybe a newer model would get rid of those wrap-around headlights, the one thing i hate about that car, but i know that will never happen since the new 5 has that too

1 - 20 of 21 Posts