BMW Werkz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I know i have not been active on the forum for some time, and I do apologize, however I have a bit of a dilemma right now and I am seeking advice from all you knowledgeable experts here ;). So here is the deal I have an 05 330xi and I have the standard wooden trim manual transmission knob but it somehow managed to crack all around with a little bump and I have a bad feeling that it might soon start chipping away or come off, so i have looked around on the net and I found a pretty cool looking one, however I have no idea how to remove the know that is in my car. So my question is does anyone know how to remove the original knob, because I do not want to buy a new and and not know how to install it lol. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tried turning the know, hard in both direction and I was afraid i would break it if i twisted it anymore, I also tried pulling it straight up and the same thing happened, so i lifted up the plastic trim around the knob where the leather attaches and i really dont see anyway how to remove it :/

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
DO NOT TWIST!

Pull the ebrake, put the key in and turn to position 2 without starting the car, shift into neutral (or lower ... whatever gives you better positioning; some people even straddle the center console), and pull straight off the rod, as hard as you can. Just watch your head ... many people end up giving themselves a black eye (with both manual and automatic shifters ... they mount the same).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Torque when you say pull straight off do you mean straight up vertically? and thank you for the advice

·
Registered
97 Posts
yea mate its hard as to get off i almost put a hole in my roof when i did mine but its worth it for one that u really want, just make sure u have ur head out of the way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts